There’s no such thing as too much storage space, especially when it comes to our homes. But more often than not, it seems to be the one thing that’s almost always in short supply.
Thankfully, there are a few handy hacks that can help you make the most of the space you do have and as a side product, you’ll end up with a gold mine of extra storage for your home.
The heart of the home
The kitchen, often called the heart of the home, is one of the areas where you always seem to need an endless supply of storage options. Here are a few great ways you can make the most of your kitchen space without ending up with a cluttered space:
- Use a Lazy Susan to reclaim that no-man’s land in your pantry so that you can access the hard-to-reach items and get rid of dead space.
- Insert shelves under your kitchen or island bench. This is the perfect spot to store cookbooks, bowls, glasses and other decorative items.
- Consider storing everyday items like pots, pans etc by hanging them on available wall space.
Your personal sanctuary
From floating shelves to hidden draws, there are so many ways to utilise space in your bedrooms without losing the cosy atmosphere and individual vibe which makes it your special spot.
- If you do not have much space in the bedroom, making the most of your wall space is the way to go. Floating shelves or floor-to-ceiling wall units are a great option.
- Our beds can also provide a wealth of hidden storage space. Opting for a bedframe with drawers built into them are great for storing extra blankets, seasonal clothes etc.
Clean and fresh
Searching for extra storage in your bathroom can often be a challenge, but luckily, we’ve found a few creative ways to keep this room as fresh as it is functional.
- Use a storage ladder for towels. Not only does it bring a rustic touch to the space, you can also hang towels and hanging wire baskets to increase storage.
- No matter what the size of your bathroom is, it’s always hard to find a good space to store hot tools like blow dryers, straighteners and curling irons. Hanging a box on the side of your sink cabinet is a great way to store these everyday items without taking up valuable cupboard space.
- Install over the toilet built-in shelves which are perfect for making storage options out of dead space.
Do you have any go-to storage hacks that you’ve implemented in your Brightwood home? We’d love to see them.
If you can see a future for you or your family at Brightwood, feel free to get in touch with our team who would love to chat to you about available house and land packages.
Phone: 0414 940 724
Phone: 0403 060 129